Honors and Awards
1. Member of Mexican Academy of Sciences (AMC), Mexico, since 2014.
1. Member of Mexican Researchers System, CONACyT, Mexico. Level II, since 2013.
2. Member the Mexican Researchers System, CONACyT, Mexico. Level I, from 2001 to 2012.
3. Puebla State Science Award, Puebla State Foundation for Science and Technology, 2010.
4. Support to young researchers in: Research Project Program for young researchers, CONACYT, México, 2001.
5. Prize to the best Postgraduate Thesis, National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico, 2001.
6. Annual Research Recognition, National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico, in 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001.
7. Member of the Technical Evaluation Committee ANUIES, SUPERA (Engineering and Technology areas), Mayo 2001.
8. Honorific Mention in Ph.D. Dissertation, Computer Science Research Center, National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico, 2000.
9. Member of Mexican Researchers System, CONACyT, Mexico. Level Candidate, 1999.
10. Annual Research Award, Cuban Academy of Sciences, by the work entitled "Conceptual and Symbolic tools for non supervised classification", 1998.
11. Cum Laude in M.S. Dissertation, Autonomous University of Puebla, State of Puebla, Mexico, 1997.