- Feb 01: Our short paper on "Convolutional Neural Networks for Authorship Attribution of Short Texts" accepted to EACL 2017.
- Jan 20: New graduate student: Adrian Pastor López Monroy, thesis "Image Classification through Text Mining Techniques".
- Jan 15: Read our long paper accepted to EACL 2017. preprint
- Dec 01: a new graduate student: Samara Villalba defended her master degree thesis "Método probabilista para clasificación de polaridad: negación en intensificación en análisis de sentimiento".
- Nov 23-25: Program Chair of IBERAMIA 2016, held in San José Costa Rica, November 2016. See details at http://www.iberamia.org/iberamia/iberamia2016/.
- Sept 26: I organized the First Mexican Workshop of Plagiarism Detection and Authorship Analysis, PLAGAA 2016. More info here (en Español).
I hold a PhD in Computer Science. My research is on Automatic Text Processing. My recent interests include:
- Cross-topic and cross-genre authorship attribution
- New representations and methods for author profiling
- Supervised approaches for plagiarism detection
- Text classification using distributional word representations as well as word embeddings.
- Multilingual document clustering and classification
- Image retrieval combining textual and visual information
- Image Classification through Text Mining techniques
I am also member of Mexico's National System of Researchers (SNI II), The Mexican Academy of Sciences (AMC), the Mexican Society of Artificial Intelligence (SMIA), the Mexican Society of Computer Science (SMCC), the Spanish Society for Natural Language Processing (SEPLN), and founder member of the Mexican Association for Natural Language Processing (AMPLN) and the Mexican Academy of Computer Science (AMEXCOMP).
Curriculum vitae (last modification: August, 2015).
Follow me on Twitter to know about my new papers and nlp related info.
Dr. Manuel Montes y Gómez
Titular Researcher C
Department of Computational Sciences
National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics
Calle Luis Enrique Erro 1, 72840.
Santa María Tonantzintla, Puebla, Mexico.
Phone: +52 (222) 2663100 x 8218
Fax.: +52 (222) 2663152
email: mmontesg [at] inaoep [dot] mx