I hold a PhD in Computer Science. My research is on Automatic Text Processing. My recent interests include:
- Multimodal ensembles for authorship attribution
- Supervised approaches for plagiarism detection
- Short text classification using distributional word representations
- Methods for dynamic (query-dependend) information fusion
- Multilingual document clustering and classification
- Image retrieval combining textual and visual information
- Statistical-based models for question answering
- Text classification using the Web as corpus
- Information retrieval using conceptual graph
I am also member of Mexico's National System of Researchers (SNI II), the Mexican Society of Artificial Intelligence (SMIA), the Mexican Society of Computer Science (SMCC), the Spanish Society for Natural Language Processing (SEPLN), and founder member of the Mexican Association for Natural Language Processing (AMPLN).
Curriculum vitae (last modification: june 15, 2011).
Follow me on Twitter to know about my new papers and nlp related info.
Dr. Manuel Montes y Gómez
Titular Researcher B
Department of Computational Sciences
National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics
Calle Luis Enrique Erro 1, 72840.
Santa María Tonantzintla, Puebla, Mexico.
Phone: +52 (222) 2663100 x 8218
Fax.: +52 (222) 2663152
email: mmontesg [at] inaoep [dot] mx