Functional Optical Neuroimaging (fNIRS)
My main line of research is about optical neuroimaging; the functional Near InfraRed Spectroscopy (fNIRS). My interest in diffuse optical imaging ranges from developing the device and dealing with the image reconstruction until the data analysis and interpretation.
Mostly, in collaboration with Prof. Yang and Prof. Darzi group at Imperial College London, I have applied fNIRS to neuroergonomics; the observation of the brain at work. During my time at Imperial, I developed ICNNA a tool for fNIRS analysis with statistical, topological (manifold embedding) and graph theoretical capabilities.
Now, fNIRS is coming at the center of our research at the Biosignal Processing and Medical Computing Lab at INAOE.
Other people involved
- Imperial College London
- University College London
- Previous collaborators
- Prof. Claire Elwell (University College London -UCL) - A little bit pretentious on my side... ;)
- Dr. Javier Andreu (Imperial College)
- Dr. Dave James (Imperial College)
- Dr. Giulia Paggetti (Technische Universität München (TUM))
- Dr. Gloria Menegaz (University of Verona)
Links of interest
Please do let me know of any other important links you think I may be missing, so I can include it.
XXVIIth International Symposium on Cerebral Blood Flow, Metabolism and Function (ISCBFMF)
- Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy
- (2018) 5th Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy community, Tokyo, Japan, 5-8 Oct 2018
- (2017) I Mexican Symposium on NIRS Neuroimaging (MexNIRS) 2017, Puebla, Mexico, 20-21st Oct 2017
- (2017) fNIRS UK 2017, London, UK, 7th Sep 2017
- (2016) 4th Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy community, Paris, France
- (2016) 2f-NIRS Workshop, Montpellier, France, 14th Apr 2016
- (2014) 3rd Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy community, Montreal, Canada - Page is no longer active.
- (2012) 2nd Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy community, London, UK
- (2010) 1st Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy community, Boston, MA, USA
- Annual Meetings of the Organization of the Human Brain Mapping (OHBM)
- (Next meeting 2017) OHBM 2017, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 25-29 Jun
- OHBM 2018, Seoul, South Korea, 10-14 Jun
- OHBM 2019, Rome, Italy, 9-13 Jun
Companies and commercial devices
In no particular order.