- Sept: Special Issue on Plagiarism Detection and Authorship Analysis, Journal "Computación y Sistemas". Read the Call for Papers.
- Sept 26: I organized the First Mexican Workshop of Plagiarism Detection and Authorship Analysis, PLAGAA 2016. More info here (en Español).
- Sept 2016: Our paper in collaboration with UNAL-Colombia "Local and Global approaches for Unsupervised Image Annotation", accepted to the Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications.
- Sept 2016: Two papers at the 7th International Conference of the CLEF Association, CLEF 2016: "I, me, mine: the Role of Personal Phrases in Author Profiling" and "A two-step retrieval method for Image Captioning".
- May 2016: our paper in collaboration with UH and UAB "Domain Adaptation for Authorship Attribution: Improved Structural Correspondence Learning, accepted to the Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, ACL 2016.
- Chair of the Program Committee of IBERAMIA 2016 to be held in San José Costa Rica, November 2016. See details at http://www.iberamia.org/iberamia/iberamia2016/.
I hold a PhD in Computer Science. My research is on Automatic Text Processing. My recent interests include:
- Cross-topic and cross-genre authorship attribution
- New representations and methods for author profiling
- Supervised approaches for plagiarism detection
- Text classification using distributional word representations as well as word embeddings.
- Multilingual document clustering and classification
- Image retrieval combining textual and visual information
- Image Classification through Text Mining techniques
I am also member of Mexico's National System of Researchers (SNI II), The Mexican Academy of Sciences (AMC), the Mexican Society of Artificial Intelligence (SMIA), the Mexican Society of Computer Science (SMCC), the Spanish Society for Natural Language Processing (SEPLN), and founder member of the Mexican Association for Natural Language Processing (AMPLN) and the Mexican Academy of Computer Science (AMEXCOMP).
Curriculum vitae (last modification: August, 2015).
Follow me on Twitter to know about my new papers and nlp related info.
Dr. Manuel Montes y Gómez
Titular Researcher C
Department of Computational Sciences
National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics
Calle Luis Enrique Erro 1, 72840.
Santa María Tonantzintla, Puebla, Mexico.
Phone: +52 (222) 2663100 x 8218
Fax.: +52 (222) 2663152
email: mmontesg [at] inaoep [dot] mx